IDI / Bilateral Support
The Court of Accounts of Guinea has sought to strengthen its capacity to improve its performance. The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation has given a favorable response to its request, made in 2017 at the current 3 rd Global Call for proposals for projects to be considered as the beneficiary of donor support within the Partnership Support Accelerated by the Peers (PAP-APP).
Echoing this goal, the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI), the African Organization of English-Speaking Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI-E) and the Regional Council for the Training of Supreme Institutions of Public Finance Control of Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa (CREFIAF), have set up the Accelerated Peer Support Partnership Program (PAP-APP) to support SAIs under the GCP Tier 2.
As part of the first phase of the PAP-APP program, the Court of Accounts of Guinea (CDC) has drawn up a Strategic Plan for the years 2020-2024. This Plan aims to achieve the following two strategic outcomes:
- Development of a culture of control enabling the implementation of the National Plan for social and economic development (PNDES)
- Promotion of performance on public management
- Improvement in the relevance and public access to the outcome of public management control
For the second phase of the of the PAP-APP program, the overall objective of the project is to enable CDC to successfully implement the strategic priorities selected for the period 2022-2024. It aims to support the implementation of the Strategic Plan and the strengthening of the governance and management capacities of the Court. To this end, the expected results will focus on its strategic priorities. Support through the PAP-APP program, as well as any new support to the CDC, should build on previous support and be well coordinated with existing support. One of the key mechanisms to achieve this is the holding of regular meetings for all CDC partners and the mobilization of peers.
Four results are expected of phase 2
1. Reinforced strategic management
2. Sufficient, effective and coordinated external support for capacity building
3. Audits reported in the area of gender, diversity and inclusion
4. Development and implementation of a gender, inclusion, social and well-being action plan
SAIs connected to this project