Enhancing coordination of support to SAIs, contributing to support being better aligned with country-led reforms and ultimately leading to better performing SAIs in developing countries– IDC 2009 MoU
This 2017 review has identified 13 principles of good practice in the coordination of support. Likewise, it has identified challenges and made recommendations to overcome these.
Among the good practice principles…
- The SAI should be included in Government/donor policy dialogue
- Donor should develop a joint strategy for supporting the SAI
- There should be a single focal point within the SAI
Among the challenges…
- Ensuring complementary and compatibility of support
- Ensuring that donor country staff have sufficient knowledge and expertise about SAIs
- Ensuring donor funding cycles match SAI requirements
Do not miss out the details! To read the full report see here.