ASOSAI -The Regional Initiative of ASOSAI on Promoting the Value and Benefits of Adopting the International Standards for Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs) 2012-2016
ASOSAI intends to provide its member SAIs (27 SAIs in developing countries – other ASOSAI members may participate at their own cost) with a regional-level, comprehensive capacity-building opportunity and a useful platform for raising awareness of the value and benefits of the ISSAIs. This initiative has been designed to harmonise with the World Bank funded trans-regional program on ISSAI implementation, coordinated by IDI. ASOSAI participation in the trans-regional program as one of the pilot clusters comprises phase one of the program.
Further phases for which additional support is requested would seek to deepen the implementation of the ISSAIs amongst ASOSAI members.
The expected program phases are
(1) Participation in the IDI’s trans-regional program
(2) Implementation and dissemination of the ISSAIs into the actual auditing practices in the ASOSAI region
(3) Translation of the ISSAIs into the member countries’ vernaculars
(4) Seminar to encourage the exchange of knowledge and experiences among peer SAIs on their best practices of adopting the ISSAIs
(5) Best article award to disseminate best practices of adopting/implementing the ISSAIs (6) Program review.
A copy of the application is available to those interested in providing support. Please firstname.lastname@example.org
Providers of Support:
The INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) incorporated the proposal within its current ISSAI Implementation Initiative, which is financed under a World Bank Grant. ASOSAI has been included in all activities of the 3i Programme as one of the eligible regions. The ASOSAI Secretariat proposal included local translations and best article prize, these two elements are not included in the 3i Programme.
SAIs connected to this project
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Papua New Guinea
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam