Institutional Development Co-operation between the Office of the Auditor General of Zimbabwe and the Swedish National Audit Office 2017 – 2022
The long term overall objective for the co-operation is: To help OAG to fully achieve the implementation of ISSAIs in areas selected for co-operation. The international audit standards set out principles and requirements for Supreme Audit Institutions to strive for. There will always be room for improvement in this regard. The intention is that the Project should contribute to a better achievement of the long term objective through the following project objectives:
• To ensure an effective and empathic management culture and process;
• To ensure effective audit processes for VFM auditing;
• To ensure capacity and knowledge to produce user-friendly and high-quality VFM audit reports;
• To ensure coordinated and professional external and internal communication; and
• To ensure improvement of OAG operations in line with ISSAIs (through other measures).
The different project objectives are linked to activities in four components:
2. Performance audit
4. Other support
The support from the Swedish NAO has been provided through short term visits by SNAO staff or consultants, remote assistance, visits in Sweden and funding of some capacity building activities. In addition USD 475,000 has been used for contributions to UNDP Zimbabwe for support to development of the technical infrastructure, capacity and individual audits at Office of the Auditor General. An external evaluation of the cooperation was presented in February 2022.
SAIs connected to this project