IDI/ARABOSAI Quality Assurance Programme 2011-2012
The IDI/ARABOSAI Needs Assessment programme conducted in 2007-2008 revealed that building capacity in Quality Assurance is an urgent need for many SAIs. To address this felt need, IDI and ARABOSAI agreed at the Training Committee meeting held in Jordan in December 2008, to cooperate in order to enhance the Quality assurance capacity of selected SAIs from the region.
IDI took advantage from its experience in conducting similar QA programmes in ASOSAI and CAROSAI to design the programme in a way that takes into consideration the specificities of ARABOSAI. The programme implementation lasted from November 2011 to November 2012. It is planned to assess the extent of achievement of its desired outputs and outcomes within two years.
1. % of participating SAIs formally adopting the QA handbook developed during the programme.
2. % of participating SAIs who set an action plan to address the weaknesses identified by the QA reviews conducted during the programme
3. % of SAIs who train a suitable number of additional employees in QA with the help of those trained during the programme.
4. % of participating SAIs conducting QA reviews on regular basis
1. Involving head of SAIs in the planning phase of the programme proved very positive as the participants contributed with great interest to defining the programme results and were made aware of IDI expectations. They also made good suggestions like including a facilitation skills workshop in the programme in order to make sure the participants have the necessary skills to transfer the newly acquired knowledge in the area of QA to their fellow QA teams.
2. Seizing the opportunity of the ARABOSAI governing Board meeting to Hold the planning meeting in the same venue and at a close date proved very positive especially in terms of cost saving.
3. The duration of the QA design meeting was too short compared to the workload.
4. Instructors should have spend together 1 to 2 extra days after the end of the workshop to bring the necessary changes to the course based on the lessons learned from the delivery.
SAIs connected to this project
- Palestinian Territories