Kyrgyz Republic – Capacity Building of the Accounts Chamber of the Kyrgyz Republic (2014-16)
The SAI of the Kyrgyz Republic is at an early stage in its development, focusing on state inspection and control activities, but looking to introduce more modern audit approaches. It produced its first strategic development plan for the period 2012-14, but has faced challenges in its implementation. The SAI’s analysis of its current operations shows many areas requiring development.
The SAI proposes a holistic capacity development program including the following components: • Component 1: Institutional development, including drafting a new Audit law to enhance SAI independence, addressing deficiencies in job requirements and recruitment challenges, and developing a new strategic plan for 2014-16. • Component 2: Professional staff development, including strengthening human resource management, job descriptions, financial audit training and pilot performance audits.
• Component 3: Organizational development, introducing new financial audit methodologies based on the ISSAIs, developing a manual(s) on performance audit, develop and deliver performance audit training, develop a manual on other specialized audits (IT, environmental etc.), implementation of appropriate quality assurance systems, strengthening management systems and structures, and enhancing stakeholder relations.
• Component 4: infrastructure development, enhancing the SAIs training facilities and staff workstations (IT) Appropriate internal structures are proposed for management of the project. Given the comprehensive nature of the proposal, the time horizon and subject to available funding, it may be necessary to consider the prioritization and sequencing of the proposed activities.
A copy of the application is available to those interested in providing support. Please contactINTOSAI.Donor.Secretariat@idi.no
Providers of Support:
The European Commission (DG Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid) expressed interest in supporting the proposal.
1. EC has provided a Technical Assistance to the Chamber of Accounts of the Kyrgyz Republic in the framework of “EU-funded Programmes to reform budget approach in Kyrgyzstan” (Lot 11: Macroeconomic, Statistics, PFM). Budget is about 200 thousand EUR, Duration- January 17 to September 17, 2015.
1) 1.5(IV)Revising of the Performance Audit Manual, training staff and Pilot Audit
2) 1.8 Development of the Strategic Development Plan
2. WB: Currently, we have signed the Grant Agreement with the World Bank for the Strengthening the Chamber of Accounts Project and this Agreement is under the process of the Ratification by the Parliament (estimated budget is about of 630 thousand USD. Duration is 3 years.
The project will cover the following part of our Proposal.
1) Partly 1.5 (I) – Streamlining internal human resources regulations and establishing a modem system in the Chamber of Accounts and Developing staffing capacity in the Chamber of Accounts including designing a process for certification, assessment and career development of staff.
2) 1.5(II) and 1.5 (III) Revising of the Financial Audit Manual and Development of the Compliance Audit manual- Conducting a set of activities aiming at simplifying and automating the financial and compliance audit methodologies for consistent application and quality control.
SAIs connected to this project
- Kyrgyz Republic