Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India Annual Training on Financial and Regularity Audit
Training of one month’s duration is offered each year for 30-40 participants from different SAIs around the world. The training is held at the International Centre for Information Systems and Audit (iCISA) of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. iCISA’s courses are designed to suit senior and middle level officers of various SAIs and, in special cases, officers from other government departments working in areas directly related with the course contents are also considered.
The content of the course:
– Framework and International Best Practices for Financial attest Audit
– Basics of Accounting Principles
– Understanding Financial Statements: Balance Sheet and profit and Loss Account
– Overview of IPSAS
– Overview of IFRS
– INTOSAI Auditing Standards
– Understanding The Entity and its IT Environment
– Internal Controls and Internal Audit
– Audit Planning: Materiality and Risk Assessment
– Application of Statistical Sampling in Financial Audit
– Audit (Financial Statement) assertions and gathering evidence
– Analytical Procedures and Substantive Testing
– Auditing Standards of Documentation
– Reporting on Financial Audit: Types of Audit Opinion
– Fraud and Auditors Responsibility Related to Fraud/Forensic Audit
– IDEA- Presentation and Hands on Sessions
– Audit of Procurement and Contracts
All programmes offered by iCISA are funded either by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, under the ITEC/SCAAP/Colombo Plan schemes or by governments/organizations sponsoring candidates under self funding schemes.
The total budget is expected expenditure.