IDI/ Strategy, Performance Measurement and Reporting 2016-2018
The Strategy, Performance Measurement and Reporting program (SPMR) is an IDI program aimed at supporting SAIs to better plan, monitor and manage their performance throughout an entire strategic management cycle, through the implementation of a sound strategic and operational planning process, as well as the establishment of an effective monitoring and reporting framework.
The program’s rationale is that SAIs should develop and maintain a strategic planning and management process that enables them to achieve strategic outcomes and deliver value and benefits to the citizens. The program’s global objective is to have strategically managed SAIs leading to higher performance.
Over a span of five years, the SPMR program offers SAI teams support and guidance to achieve the following outputs:
- A holistic, evidence-based assessment of their current strengths and weaknesses at institutional, organizational and professional level, using the SAI Performance Measurement Framework, to serve as a strong baseline for planning, performance management, monitoring and reporting;
- Development of a needs-based, prioritized strategic plan;
- Annual operational plans linked to the strategic plan (and other functional plans if existing in the SAI);
- Establishment of related monitoring and reporting processes to facilitate annual performance reporting in the SAI;
- A repeat SAI PMF assessment at the end of the strategic management cycle, to serve as a measure of performance improvement and SAI contribution to value and benefits to citizens.
The program was and continues to be piloted in the CAROSAI and PASAI regions. From 2019 onwards SPMR is rolled out in all INTOSAI regions.
SAIs connected to this project
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago