Yemen – Strengthening the role of Yemeni SAI in audit of development plans (60 months)
The purpose of this project is to increase the SAI’s capacity to audit development plans based on established methodology and guidelines, as well as enhancing the capacity of its staff to implement the ISSAIs in this work.
The proposal shows that development plan implementation indicators reveal failure to achieve development objectives. Capacity weaknesses in the SAI to audit development plans sets the ground for an accumulation of errors and proliferation of infringement and abuse of laws and regulations.
The proposed initiative suggests the following activities for capacity building:
• development of methodology and guidelines for the auditing of development plans
• training courses in applying the methodology and guidelines
• pilot field audits
• workshops, targeting stakeholders in the field of audit of development plans
• workshops, targeting SAI staff involved in the auditing of development plans
• establishment of a data base on development plan projects and programs
• workshop for mid-term review of the project and workshop for final project monitoring and evaluation.
In implementing this project, the SAI will work jointly with the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation. This is intended to get the Ministry of Planning to mainstream the SAI requirements for enhancing the external environment into the guidelines that the Ministry applies in the preparation of development plans.
A copy of the application is available to those interested in providing support. Please contactINTOSAI.Donor.Secretariat@idi.no
SAIs connected to this project